- School Vision & Values
- School Improvement
- Standards and Quality Report
- School Improvement Plan
- Important Information
- Term Dates and Holidays
- Catchment Checker
- Bus Timetable
- Severe Weather Arrangements
- School Day
- School Dress Code
- School Prospectus
- Departments & Staff
- Leadership Team & Staff List
- Business & Enterprise
- Computing & I.T.
- Department of Additional Support
- Design and Engineering Technology
- English and Literacy
- Expressive Arts
- Health and Well-Being
- Learning Resource Centre
- Modern Languages
- Social Subjects
- Community Use
Learning Resource Centre
Welcome to the Learning Resource Centre (LRC).
We aim to provide resources for learning and teaching, and to foster a love of reading.
LRC Staff: Library Asistant, Mrs Brown (09:30-13:30)
I have lots of favourite books. I read Catch 22 by Joseph Heller when I was at High School and it is still one of my top ten. I am passionate about the power of books to transform lives. I graduated with a Degree in Librarianship and Information Studies in 1994, and with an Honours Degree in English Literature in 2017.
Opening Hours and Lending Policy
The LRC is staffed between 09:30 and 13:30.
Pupils have access at Morning Break (10:35-10:50) daily.
Access at Lunch Break (12:30-13:10) requires a pass (issued at Morning Break).
- Please note that unfortunately there will be no access to pupils at Break or Lunch until further notice - Mrs Brown, Aug 2020
Pupil's MyFife cards entitle them to borrow books from the LRC as follows:
|S1 - S3||2 items for up to 2 weeks|
|S4 - S6||4 items for up to 2 weeks|
|Staff||10 items for up to 4 weeks|
|All||Items may be renewed as long as they haven't been requested by another reader.
You can now follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with what's happening here in the English Department and Learning Resource Centre. Follow @lhsEnglishDept
The Learning Resource Centre is now on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations.
On Goodreads you can:
- See what books your friends are reading.
- Track the books you're reading, have read, and want to read.
- Check out your personalized book recommendations.
- Find out if a book is a good fit for you from their community's reviews.
The LRC can seat 32 pupils at 8 study tables.There are also 21 computers attached to a networked printer.
The LRC holds a large collection of books split into the following collections: Adult Fiction, Biography, Junior Fiction, LGBT Collection, Non-Fiction, Quick Reads, Scottish Studies and Young Adult Fiction.